02 April, 2012

There is a story behind everything...

In life, things are usually more than what you see up front. Usually, there is a story behind everything. A story that has a history, and a history that holds meaning- a meaning that is important to somebody.

The name of my blog, "Until Completion" is no exception.

It is taken from Philippians 1:6

"Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

This verse first stood out to me when I was 15 years old and in India helping in an orphanage there.


Two of the children in the orphanage, SriKanth and Joy, whom we loved and had just begun to see grow (emotionally, physically, and spiritually), were taken back by their grandmothers for one reason or another. It was hard on everyone at the orphanage- kids, staff, and the staff's children were all affected.

I remember sitting at my desk, right after they had left, crying and writing in my journal. I looked down at the bottom page of my journal and the words of this verse stared up at me.

I underlined those words, "that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..."

"God," I prayed.
"I'm believing in this for SriKanth and Joy. You began a good work in them, and I trust that you will continue it, until it is completed."

I still, 6 years later, pray this for those kids.

A few years later, as God began to work in me and show me areas that needed to change and things I needed to grow and mature in, I began to pray this verse for myself.

I know I have a long ways to go and many ways to grow, but I am confident in this:

God will continue the work he started in me.

Until Completion.


3 comments:

  1. Love the blog!!! Can't wait for to read and hear about all He is doing in your life on this journey.... His journey - His story through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Jumped over from your mom's site. SO inspired by your story. I will be sharing your site with my missionary daughter who is much younger than you but already feels God's call to missions. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking my blog out, I will be updating it soon :)
      That's so awesome to hear about your daughter, a heart that so desires the things that God's heart desires is amazing to see, especially at such a young age! I love meeting people with a love and a passion to go overseas or wherever God calls them. I would love to know more about her and her passion! :)

      Delete